By Becky Stokley
Header image taken by Becky Stokley
As odd as adding your favorite fizzy drink to your favorite protein may be, this delicious dish will throw your taste buds into a frenzy.
- Fry light or any low cal spray
- 3 Mixed peppers
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 4 Skinless chicken breasts
- Dash of Worchestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp Tomato purée
- 8 tbsp Passata
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Herbs
- A can of Diet coke (or any diet fizz of your choice!)
- 200 ml of Chicken stock
- Sugar snap peas (or any veg of your choice)
- Take a large pan and spray with Fry Light over a high heat, ensure the pan is coated enough with the spray
2. Add the chicken, peppers, and onions to the pan and stir-fry until lightly browned
3. Add the diet coke, stock, passata, purée, 2 garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce to the pan.
4. Bring to the boil and cover then reduce to a medium-low heat to simmer for 15 minutes
5. Add the sugar snap peas and any other vegetables you desire and increase the heat
6. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender
Best served with potato wedges and more vegetables!